Here are some suggestions/tips that we have gathered from various organizations such as the National Shoe Retailers Association, the Pedorthic Footwear Association and the American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society:
1. Sizes vary among shoe brands and styles. Don’t select shoes by the size marked inside the shoe. Judge the shoe by how it fits on your foot.
2. Select a shoe that conforms as nearly as possible to the shape of your foot
3. Have your feet measured regularly. The size of your feet changes as you grow older.
4. Have both feet measured. Most people have one foot larger than the other. Fit to the largest foot.
5. Fit at the end of the day when your feet are the largest.
6. Stand during the fitting process and check that there is adequate space 3/8 to ½ inch for your longest toe at the end of each shoe.
7. Make sure the ball of your foot fits comfortably into the widest part of the shoe.
8. Don’t purchase shoes that feel too tight, expecting them to stretch to fit.
9. Your heel should fit comfortable in the shoes with a minimum amount of slippage.
10. Walk in the shoe to make sure it fits and feels right. Fashionable shoes can be comfortable.
If your shoes are just a little tight in one or two areas, Leather Spa shoe stretch spray can help soften the upper so that you may break them in easily.
If your shoes are too loose, bring them in to Leather Spa as we offer a variety of products to customize their fit.